Chapter 3: Brownian motion and “white noise”
Chapter 4: Stochastic integrals, It?o’s formula
Chapter 5: Stochastic differential equations
Chapter 6: Applications
Appendices
Exercises
References
PREFACE
These are an evolvingset of notes for Mathematics 195 at UC Berkeley. This course
is for advanced undergraduate math majors and surveys without too many precise details
random differential equations and some applications.
Stochastic differential equations is usually, and justly, regarded as a graduate level
subject. A really careful treatment assumes the students’ familiarity with probability
theory, measure theory, ordinary differential equations, and perhaps partial differential
equations as well. This is all too much to expect of undergrads.
But white noise, Brownian motion and the random calculus are wonderful topics, too
good for undergraduates to miss out on.
Therefore as an experiment I tried to design these lectures so that strong students
could follow most of the theory, at the cost of some omission of detail and precision. I for
instance downplayed most measure theoretic issues, but did emphasize the intuitive idea of
σ–algebras as “containing information”. Similarly, I “prove” many formulas by confirming
them in easy cases (for simple random variables or for step functions), and then just stating
that by approximation these rules hold in general. I also did not reproduce in class some
of the more complicated proofs provided in these notes, although I did try to explain the
guiding ideas.
My thanks especially to Lisa Goldberg, who several years ago presented the class with
several lectures on financial applications, and to Fraydoun Rezakhanlou, who has taught
from these notes and added several improvements.
I am also grateful to Jonathan Weare for several computer simulations illustrating the
text. Thanks also to Robert Piche, who provided me with an extensive list of typos and
suggestions that I have incorporated into this latest version of the notes

汐雷

联系QQ:526781618

淘宝旺旺:跟朝流走

有需要的欢迎联系!专业代购电子书

ebook 英文电子书代购
uc侑岐避x
小有名气
小有名气
  • UID29858
  • 注册日期2015-12-07
  • 最后登录2015-12-11